We're Here to Help
Client Focused Lawyers
Disagreements between renters (tenants) and landlords (or property managers) are common place and when a resolution cannot be made between the two on their own, a landlord tenant attorney can often help.
Some of the more common issues include:
Fair housing complaints
Maintenance / habitability
It is important to know what obligations you, as a landlord, have to provide to your tenants. Arizona Revised Statutes Section 33-1324 requires landlords to:
1. Comply with applicable building codes materially affecting health and safety.
2. Make all repairs and do whatever is necessary to keep the premises in a fit and habitable condition.
3. Keep the common areas in a clean and safe condition.
4. Maintain in good, safe working order and condition electrical, plumbing, sanitary, heating, ventilating, air-conditioning and other facilities and appliances supplied or required to be supplied by him.
5. Provide and maintain appropriate receptacles for trash removal, and arrange for trash removal.
If the apartment does not have an individual utility meter and appliances (hot water heater, air-conditioning and heating unit, etc.), supply running water, reasonable amounts of hot water, air-conditioning or cooling and heating, where such units are installed and offered.
(This is a partial summary, not the full text of A.R.S. Section 33-1324.)
Leavell and Rivera, PLC is a full-service law firm experienced in numerous areas of law. Our attorneys provide Arizona families and businesses with quality and affordable legal services. Call for a Free 30 Minute Consultation.
Contact Leavell & Rivera, PLC
Request a Free Case Evaluation
Disclaimer: This website does not create an attorney client relationship between you and Leavell & Rivera, PLC, contacting the firm through this website does not create an attorney client relationship. The information within this website is provided as convenience and resource.
Phone: 480-948-7114 | Fax: 480-422-7330 | Address 10429 S. 51st Street, Suite 206
© 2014-2021 Leavell & Rivera, PLC | All Rights Reserved |
Phoenix Law Firm Leavell & Rivera, PLC, provides top of line legal represenation for familes facing divorce, child custody, child support, adoption, child custody, or parenting time issues. The firm is highly recommended when chosing a family law attorney in Phoenix, AZ or when handling any estate planning and probate matters .
Phoenix Family Lawyers & Estate Planning Law |